Saturday, January 22, 2011

New Job

My first day on the job was yesterday. I had to be there at 8am. Since we are about 50 miles away and the weather is horrible, I decided it would be a good thing to leave around 6:30am. Thank God I didn't have to shovel my car out the snow. The weather was horrible. I started me car get it warmed up and the heat just wouldn't heat up. I didn't know what was wrong until I looked at the temperature. It was -4 degrees. When I picked up Kim, she said the wind chill was -12. I had to get some gas even though Kim gave me $10. I hope the check takes a week to clear because I won't have any money until Friday. Otherwise, this will total 3 bad checks I wrote. That's a bummer because that means my first check will be used to cover bank fees.

Speaking of writing bad checks.....

A girl that I'm friends with told me that she was sent to jail for writing a bad check. She said the check was $142, but the court sent her to jail for 2 years and she had to pay a fine of $1400 to cover the check, bank fees and court cost. WOW!!!

When we got to work, I sat in training like a deer in headlights. I felt like was in another country.

Basically, our job is to make sure that loan documents are correct and if they aren't correct, we can't refinance the loan. That sounds simply, right? IT'S NOT!!! The system that they use and all of the home mortgage jargon is crazy. Around 10am, my brain was screaming for a break. I had a massive headache. By the end of the day I couldn't wait to join the mass exodus for the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...