Friday, January 7, 2011

Crazy Dreams

I've been having some crazy dreams lately. I know that sometimes a dream can be a message from God such as a warning. For example, a couple of years ago I had a dream that I was driving to work down the street that I normally drive down and as I was going through the intersection there was a truck that was running a red light and headed straight for me. Before it hit me, I woke up. I made a mental note to remember the dream so that I could be especially careful the next morning. I got ready for work and as I was driving going down the street, I got right past the intersection and I remembered the dream and my car started fishtailing all over the place. I did a 360 and landed on an embankment in this woman's yard.

The other week when my car was stuck and I had to call a ride for church, I remembered a dream that I had the night before. In the dream, I was telling Jenny that I needed a ride to church and I was leaving with her. However, she gets to church at 8:30 because she's going through the minister's class. I usually get there at 9:30 because service starts at 10am. Well that dream was a warning to me that I would need a ride to church. I just ignored it.

But other times dreams are just imaginations from what a person wants or desires or they can also be torments such as nightmares.


Well, the other night I had a dream and I'm not sure what it was, but it frightened me. I had a dream that I was strangling my mom. I had my hands around her neck and I was so angry that I was choking the life out of her. She wasn't fighting back or anything. It was like she was just letting me choke her. My mom is a large woman and she's taller than me also and the position that I had her in suggested that I had to use a lot of strength and I can remember in the dream that I was really laboring to choke her--I was using all of my strength. I don't know what that was all about, but it scared me so much that I woke up.

Then last night I had a dream about church. There was so much going on it the dream that I can't remember it all, but I was at church.

I don't know what all this means. I pray for clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...