Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Oh WOW!!

I've been praying about some stuff that concerns my living arrangements. I love Jenny. She is my friend, but she runs a day care center out of home. She has to comply with DCFS rules that state that if anyone lives in your house they have to have a background check, TB test, and a physical. The background check, I'm not worried about. Now that I have some moola, I can pay $15 for my TB test, but it's the physical, that I don't have money for. I'm not sure how much it cost, but to see a doctor is not cheap. I signed up for the clinic for low income people, but they won't see me until my file is complete which takes about 30 days after I signed up because they have to request my medical records from EVERYWHERE and they say it takes about that much time. Then it may take another 30 days because their schedule is booked, so I might not be seen until March for my initial visit. Jenny wants all the forms completed by March 1. I can't argue with her rules. If she wants them by that time, then I have to comply because this is her business--her livelihood. But, I just don't have the money for a physical. She said she would pay for it if necessary, and I know if I go to the low-income clinic it will be cheaper than a regular doctor, but the clinic might not be able to fit me in before her deadline. SO I was praying about it.

Also, my friend Sarah, needs a place to stay. She told me her bday was tomorrow and I was gonna take her out to eat to celebrate. But, when I saw her at church last night she was telling me that she may not have a place to live. She's not working now and she's living with a lady who runs a home daycare center. Her problem is, she can't pass the background check because she is an ex-felon. She just got out of jail in 2008. So, the lady was telling her that she was nervous about her staying there because DCFS can pop up anytime to evaluate your business and she didn't want to lose her license. So, she didn't have anywhere to go. She was thinking that she could go to Jenny's because Jenny has the room, but the lady knows Jenny and mentioned something about her. I prayed last night and told God that if I had my old apartment, Sarah could come to stay with me because it was a two bedroom apartment. I also told God that I wish I could help her.

Well, about an hour ago, I got an email from a lady from my church who works at Homeward Bound, the place that I not only applied to for housing, but also I applied for the Resident Manager position and they sent me a rejection notice. She said that the position was open and she thought about me. I told her that I applied for it in November, but they didn't want me. She told me that that was because they hired someone "in house" to take the position, but the lady was just fired. I told her that I would more than be happy to take the job!!!! She said she would talk to her supervisor and call me tomorrow to let me know if I can reapply.

I immediately called Sarah. I wanted to wait because I didn't want to get her hopes up just in case I didn't get the job, but I didn't want Sarah to leave town. That's what she did last time when she didn't have a place to stay. So, I will be praying that God's will be done in this situation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...