Tuesday, May 7, 2013

You Betta Shop Around

My new job requires that I have a specific amount of coverage for my car insurance. I called my current insurance company to increase the coverage. I was denied. Basically, the agent stated that because I won't be using my vehicle on an ongoing basis for my work, it is not required to have that amount of coverage. So I told the agent that this is a requirement and I would not be able to work without the increased coverage. I told her that I would have to find a new insurance company. 

I got off the phone and went to State Farm. My coverage was with them a few years ago. I told the agent the requirements and not only was I able to get the coverage, but it was $200 cheaper despite the fact that the coverage was over $250,000/$500,000. Because it was so cheap, I was able to get renters insurance and I think I'm going to get an additional life insurance policy with them to.

I had wanted to shop around for insurance, but I tried Country Financial and was unable to obtain a quote because they ran a credit check. Because of this, I never tried. Because of changing companies I am able to save $400 a month and gain other insurance!!

Now, I have a dilemma....

I have to have the coverage before I start to work on May 20. I don't get paid until May 17 which is when I told the agent that I would come in to sign the papers. However, I think I want to get the coverage sooner just in case....That means that I have to use the money that I have in the bank and right now, I only have enough money for my trip to my sister's wedding this weekend.

What to do, what to do??

I'm going to have to skip the wedding because now that I think about it, I don't have gas money for the travel. I have enough money to rent the car, but not enough for gas, so I will change my coverage this Friday.

*Sigh* I'm gonna have to send my sister a really nice gift for missing her wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...