Thursday, May 16, 2013

20 Under 40

I'm a little unsettled. First the FBI shows up at my job (they went to my apartment first, I got a call from my boss inquiring why they were looking for me) and now THIS.

I get back to work from lunch and there is a letter in my mailbox from the local newspaper. I open it, unaware of what it is and I find a congratulations letter. WHAT??????

I have been nominated to be featured in annual "20 Under 40 Who Make a Difference in Central Illinois" special edition of the Business Journal.

WOW????!!!!!

Who nominated me?? I would like to know, but the letter goes on to say, "A community member was touched by your involvement in the community enough to nominate you to be recognized. Over the past two weeks, a Selection Committee reviewed all nominations submitted and you were selected!"

WHAT???!!!!!

Who nominated me?? I loved reading the "20 Under 40" issue, but I never thought I would be nominated.

I got nervous. I didn't know how to feel and right now the only person I talk to is Mister so I called him. Of course he said that I should accept the nomination. He then went on to say that it's not being prideful to accept. I told him that it wasn't my pride, it's just that I don't like being in the spotlight. I'm not an outgoing, witty, fun person. I always admired people who were the center of attention, and I even secretly wanted to be that type of person at one point in time, but that's not me. I like taking the background. I was so uncomfortable during my radio interview, especially afterwards because they wanted to know about me. WHO WANTS TO KNOW ABOUT ME? I'm a really boring person, which doesn' t bother me (I'm creative, but boring). So, I never though of myself as one that someone wants to "know".

So, what do I do???

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...