Thursday, May 23, 2013

Party in the Endzone

My brother graduated yesterday. It was a great day!!

We had lunch at LotaWata Creek. The food was good, but the portions were HUGE. My brother ate the Heart Attack burger. OMG. It serves four people and it's deep fried. Then the fries were served in a plate all by themselves. It was crazy.

During lunch everyone gave my brother advise to live by. I hope he listened to it because it was good advice. We were going to go to laser tag afterwards but we didn't have time. Graduation was a blast.

The school did a silly thing. Instead of lining the students up in alphabetical order, they lined them up by height. WHAT?????

So my brother, who's last name is Crayton, was at the back of the line because he is 6'4". We had to strain to hear people's names. It was such a silly thing. After all the students walked across the stage, they were trying to do the closing before the recession out of the stadium and a group of students started running which caused all the students to run to the endzone and they were celebrating in the end zone. No, they weren't supposed to do that, but it was awesome. It was like they had made the touch down and they were celebrating. Of course at that point it was no stopping them so the staff just let the celebrations go on. But, it didn't get better.....

Someone opened the gate to the field and the audience rushed the field. OMG. So, now you have students and staff on the astro turf football field in all types of shoes. NOT GOOD.

I don't know what it is about football fields, but I remember when I was teaching they would always talk about protecting the field. You couldn't walk on it. So, here there were hundreds and hundreds of people on this field. The principal was on the PA system trying to tell them to leave, but they didn't care. Eventually they had to call the police to get the people off the field. It was nuts!!!

Overall, it was a GREAT DAY and I'm happy for my brother!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...