Thursday, May 23, 2013

My Mother Wants to Get Married

While eating lunch with the fam the other day, we started talking about vacations. My brother said he wants to go out of the country for vacation and to NYC. We all decided that a good family vacation would be Niagara Falls. We were getting excited and Mom says, "I don't wanna go to Niagara Falls with ya'll, I wanna go on my honeymoon."  WHAT???

What honeymoon??

Then she says, "That's why I want to get you out..." She was talking to my brother.

OMG

My mother wants to get married again. I guess I never thought about my mother wanting that. She's been divorced since 2000 and I guess in 15 years, you do want to have somebody with you. WOW, I was just shocked to hear her say it.

Anyway, we all decided that an alternative to Niagara Falls (since no one wants to be there on my mother's honeymoon) would be to go to Hershey, Pennsylvania. This is a place that mom has wanted to go to for years. And we were joking that we needed go before Hershey goes bankrupt (think Hostess Twinkies:-)

I think that may be a nice mother's day gift for my mom. Hopefully, with the money that I'm making, I would be able to help her out with that. I would LOVE to pay for her a trip to for Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...