Saturday, May 18, 2013

There Used To Be a Time...

There used to be a time when, on a Friday night, I'd leave work and go shopping til I dropped and I LOVED it! It was the thing to do. There used to be a time when shopping I could buy two, three outfits and shoes and for under $100 and the clothes were well made and really cute. There used to be a time when I didn't have to count (literally count) pennies to go do laundry. I was invited to a Diamond Denim Gala, a fundraising event where the attire was jeans with bling. It cost $20 and there would be food (hors d'oeuvres) and a cash bar (no I will not be drinking). I invited a date and I didn't tell him how much it cost because I just didn't want to go by myself. So, I'm paying for him to go. I needed something to wear because I don't have jeans with bling, so I go to the mall, TJ Maxx, and Target. I COULD NOT find cute jeans for under $30. I could not to find jeans under $30 in my size that were cute. OMG, it took me forever. I finally a pair of jeans, a size smaller than what I would have liked, at Kohl's and they were on sale for 50% off and I got them for $18. They weren't a brand that I like, but I was desperate and I NEEDED something to wear. I also bought three different shirts, but I'm taking two back. The shirts cost $30 total. Shopping has become so much of a hassle because I have NO MONEY to shop for new clothes and because I have gained too much weight to find cute stuff. OMG!! I HAVE GOT TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...