Sunday, April 20, 2014

How Does This Happen?

Last year in November I happen to stop by the church. I had the keys and I needed to get in to get a camera. I pulled up and there was a moving van there and one of the brothers from the church. He was on the phone.  He was happy to see me.  He was coordinating a concert and the equipment people where there waiting to get in. He couldn't get ahold of the person with the keys and I just happen to be there, so of course I let him in. They were waiting at the door.

Well the brother needed to get back to work so he asked if I could hang around while the guys moved the rest of the equipment in. I told him I would. No problem....

BIG PROBLEM!!

The equipment guys weren't supposed to be there until 6pm according to the contract. So, they were there outside the time of the contract which is supposedly a insurance liability and I was the one who let them in.

So there was a meeting.

Me, my boss (the guy over the media production whom I was coming to pick the camera up from), the admin office and the brother who was coordinating the concert along with his wife.  It was a big deal and I just set there listening.  They were saying that the contract was breached and there could have been a problem.  There was a little back and forth and I just sat there.  We got to the end of the meeting and they asked me if I had any questions/comments. I simply said, "I was just coming to pick up a camera."

And that helped everyone understand.

The admin office was assuming that I was the one called to let them in. No. I just happened to show up. It wasn't an intentional breach of contract. They equipment people came early and I just happened to pull up to get the camera.

That satisfied the admin office.

I was a little bothered that I was caught in this, this....thing. I mean from where I sat, it wasn't a big deal and really it wasn't, but it was made to be this big deal and I was in the middle of it.

I hate to be in the middle of misunderstandings. I guess if they simply asked me there would not have been a need to have a meeting or at least I wouldn't have needed to be there.

Well, that was in November.

I got a call from one of the sisters from church. She wasn't going to be at church today. She gave me the key and asked me to unlock the cabinet so that the greeters could get in. I agreed and unlocked the cabinet and took the lock with me. When church was over, I locked it back right before I left.

I got a call around 6:30pm and I called the sister back. She asked me what time I locked the cabinet. I explained that I left right after 1pm and I locked the cabinet right before I left. Well, she got a message that at 2:40pm the cabinet was not locked.

WHAT?

I know I'm not crazy, but I know I put the lock back on there and I locked it.

Here we go again is what I thought....I hope there is not another meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...