Friday, April 11, 2014

My Desire

I was invited to attend an event at the state capital and at first I wasn't going to go because I really didn't feel like being bothered with the people who were going to be there, but I was encouraged to go. But in preparing to go I needed something to wear. I knew that everyone would be wearing suits and dresses, but my one suit is not clean and because of my lacksidaisicalness I didn't have anything in my closet to wear. So I went to the mall with the intent of finding something nice and business casual.  I found these really nice slacks at Kohls and they were on $20. My type of price.  Then I found a $6 blouse that was beautiful with gold trim around the neck and sleeves.  I knew I didn't have any shoes to wear so I needed some gold shoes and sure enough I went to TJ Maxx and found gold shoes.  OMG. I found everything I desired along with a new bra and underwear.

I went to the event and surely everyone was in suits and dresses, but then I went to the room where the meeting was held and there were some people who were confidently wearing jeans. I become more confident.  I was already confident because it takes confidence to wear these shoes with navy pinstripe pants and a plum and gold blouse:

So I was confident and became more so when I saw the people in jeans.

I was thinking about that. I simply had a desire and God gave me what I desired! And I thank Him for that. I started thinking about that as it relates to my home buying journey...

I have a desire to own a home that is affordable and is for me. The slacks, blouse, and shoes were right for me.

So, I thank God for my new home at the right price!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...