Friday, April 18, 2014

Thank God for Insurance

I've been gone for work all day. I left this morning around 7:40 am to do laundry. I came back briefly to shower around 10:15am. I grabbed a juice out the fridge and an orange from the fruit basket and I was out the door. I knew I was going to be working in Galesburg so I didn't want to have to come back home even though there were a few things I forgot, but I should have come back home.....

I got to Galesburg around 1:30pm. I worked and worked and left there around 6pm. I walked into my apartment at 8:15pm and it was HOT!!!  I didn't think it was that hot outside for it to be burning up in this place.  I checked on my fish because she only likes certain temperatures.  Her water was over 80 degrees. I looked at the thermostat and it said 91 degrees.  Why is it so hot? I thought. The temperature outside has been about 55 all day. I went into the kitchen and the stove was on.

WHAT???

How did the stove get turned on?

I didn't touch the stove this morning. And the only way that it would be on is if someone physically turned the stove on. I didn't touch the stove AT ALL this morning. Why would it be on?  And it's not like I accidentally turned it on. In order to turn the stove on, you must push the knob in and then turn, so that wasn't an accident.

I sent an email to my boss and she called me and told me that no one was in my apartment, but she would contact the property manager to see if they were in there...She agreed that it was strange that someone would do that....

My fruit was burning. You can't really tell from the picture, but bottom half of the grapefruit is burned and it is actually darker than that.



No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...