Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Home Buying Journey and I am NOT Crazy

I have not heard back from the bank so I called the bank listed on the website. The woman called me back and set up and appointment to meet for today.  I had a laundry list of things to bring in. OMG. It was almost as bad as the extensive background check I had to go through for my job. I was nervous when she pulled up my credit. She circled some things on the paper. Oh boy, I was sweating on the inside. I glanced at my scores--638 from trans union. Not sure if that's enough....

She then asked me for my contract here as a building manager. She said I needed something showing that I've paid rent for 12 months, but since I don't pay rent, I need to have the contract. And that's where we left it. I'm not gonna say I'm a nervous wreck because I'm not. I'm just hopeful. I KNOW that it would be cheaper for my to buy a house than rent, so that's what I want to do. I'm going to trust God.  I've been looking at some other homes.

I like this one best. It's small, but in a really nice neighborhood and the photos look good. I haven't gone inside.



They are asking $42,000. I can live with that.

I also like this one. It's a little bigger and has a basement, but I'm not crazy about the neighborhood.




No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...