Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Journey to Home Ownership

I got an email from the bank this morning.  My stomach is in knots.  Basically, I have a freeze on my credit report and they told me they can't see my past debts without verifying my complete report.  They already have information about my student loan, but they can't see the rest of the report.  So, I'm calling the credit reporters to have the freeze removed.  This is interesting because the freeze has been on my report for almost 10 years and I didn't have to go through this when I got my car loan.

The lady told me that because of my credit score I need to be able to put 20% down as a payment.  She asked where the money would be coming from.  I emailed her back to ask about the first time home buyer program.  She hasn't contacted me back....

I don't want this to make me nervous or doubtful.  OMG.

**Update**

I have been on the phone for almost an hour trying to talk to the people at the credit bureaus. This is grueling. One automated system after an another.  It took forever to find a live person to talk to and when I got a live person at one of the companies she transferred me to someone who had a vmail. I had to leave a message. Now I'm on the phone with another credit bureau....it's been 10 minutes so far.  Wow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...