Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Spring Air

It is finally feeling like spring. We've had a rollar coaster winter--one week it would be 60 degrees outside and the next week it would be so frigid, I'd have to wear layers and layers of clothing.  Just last week it was below 20 degrees and spring is officially in about 10 days and today is the first day that it has felt like it. Everyone is complaining about the weather.

But today, I feel like opening up the windows and doing some spring cleaning. The sun is shining brightly and the air is fresh. Aaahhh, Spring time is a time for such a renewal. I feel newness in the air. Thank God for newness.

I just got news that my brother is getting married. That put a smile on my face. And then I remembered the drama. I was happy for him and I am making plans to go, but I still have all of "this stuff" running through my head. He's getting married on March 30. So, I looked at my calendar to plan my mini vacation and I'm gonna go ahead and plan to go to Okawville that weekend and then head to his wedding on that Saturday. I've got to buy a nice gift too. I'm gonna buy a nice picture frame for him.

After looking at my calendar I also started thinking about all of my trips that I want to take this spring-- My youngest brother is graduating this year and his prom is April 12. The graduation is May 22. Then my sister is getting married on May 11 and I"m supposed to go see my family in Freeport.

Boy, my spring time schedule is BUSY.  Hmmm, this is gonna take some planning and some MOULA.

So, if I had my way, this would be my spring travel plans:

March 29-30  Okawville Spa and brother's wedding
April 5-6        Rockford and Freeport to visit cousin and friends
April 12-13    Home for Prom and hanging out with fam
May 10-12     Memphis, Blytheville, Oseola for sister's wedding
May 22          Home for brother's graduation

I would say that I need at least $200 for each weekend visit because I would be staying overnight. Actually the Memphis trip may be more expensive because I'm staying two nights, so that means it would probably be about $400 (especially since I will be traveling a longer distance. WOW.

I need to make more money!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...