Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Bad News

My stomach hurts. I'm feeling some anxiety. I'm nervous. I'm even shaking and I need to calm down....

I HATE how bad news has a way of affected me physically. I just got a call from G***** Alliance. They were calling to collect a debt. A debt that I've had since 2006. However, I did not remember this debt because there is a funny story of how I got t his debt....

Back when I was in college, there were credit card companies on campus. The companies would even give money to student organizations who would have signing events for other college students to sign up. This is when my debt started because I didn't know anything about money and debt, but I was signing up for these cards that I had no way of paying back. So, I got tired of them asking me to sign up, so the last card I signed up for I didn't use my correct social security number. I was thinking that they would not give me the card because it was a phony social security number. But, I got a card in the mail. And I didn't even remember it was the card with the phony social security number until a few years later when I looked at  my credit report. Now I was stuck because I was paying on this card with a phony social security number.

Well, as time went on the card was in default and I forgot about it. Especially since it was no longer on my credit report. So, I get this call today and they tell me that I have a citibank card that has been in default for over 6 years. As the man was talking I told him that I never had a citibank card, which is true. The card with the phony social security number was not citibank, it was some other company, but he's saying it's citibank. Then he tells me the phony social security number and things are coming back to my remembrance, but I'm still confused because it was NOT citibank. As a matter of fact it was an ATT Universal card. NOT citibank. So what is this man talking about.

After the call, I check my credit report and sure enough it is NOT on there. This man told me that it was, but it is NOT. As a matter of fact the only card that was on there was the one that I had in fact paid off.

Any, this call rattled me. I was nervous, anxious, shaky....I was messed up. This bothered me. I guess because I'm so much in debt that this is just one more thing that I can't pay and he's telling me that I can pay 35% of the debt and have it wiped out. I don't even have that. He doesn't realize that I'm almost $60,000 in debt and I only make about $32,000 a year. There are some months that I can't afford food. I have a mountain of laundry that I can not do because I don't have any excess cash.....

What am I to do??

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...