Monday, March 25, 2013

Deja Vu

I'm a little shaken up right now. My stomach is quesy, my nerves are tingly.....

About an hour ago, I get a phone call on my old cell phone from a 712 area code. I answer the phone and it's a call service annoucing that I have a phone call from an inmate in Marion County Jail II.

It's Mister....

My hands start to shake....I accept the call and go through what they tell me to go through to become connected.

He immediately starts talking....I'm not sure what all he's saying, but he says there are two things he wants to tell me.

There is loud noise in the background so I can't hardly hear number 1, but number 2 is about a book the he recently read called The Shack. He says that this book has changed him..."I supposed that since most of our hurts come through relationships so will our healing...." is quote from the forward in the book. He tells me that I should read it. He gives a brief synopsis and says that he was in tears reading it and it has helped him come to terms with the death of our daughter. He then proceeds to tell me what happened...why he's in jail.

After he tells the story I ask him what her motivation for lying was. He said he didn't know. He said that he trusted her completely and was shocked to read her statement from the police about him beating her. I told her that woman will always be a woman no matter what the arrangement is. And he agreed. He said that maybe she was jealous because he had gotten back with an ex-girlfriend and he had also been talking to another woman.

When I got off the phone with him...I was sick to my stomach. I was almost in tears talking to him.

Overall he sounded good...positive and upbeat.

The only thing I could think about was Coach.

Am I experiencing deja vu??

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...