Friday, March 22, 2013

Sad AND Agitated

My plans were to be in Freeport, IL this weekend (well on Saturday). I reserved a rental car about two weeks ago. I get a call from Enterprise at my home asking me to call them back to get information on what to bring in. I don't call them back because the documents that I was bring in where the same documents that I used in January 2013 to rent a car. I go to the place with my documents and the women says, we can't use this.

Huh??  What???

She says that my check stub does not have my physical address on it, so they can't take that as a means of address. I tell her that she took it before and she says that she made a mistake and would have gotten in trouble if her manager found out that she took my information like that.

I politely thanked her and left.

I got home, got on the internet to get information from my home phone number (landline) to see if there was any record of my physical address.  There was....on my profile, but not on the bill. I call Enterprise and the women tells me that this should be fine. I call the local office and she tells me that because it's not on the bill it can't be used. I ask her if the manager could help me. She tells me that since they all have the same rules, there is nothing that can be done.

WOW....so I emailed Enterprise this response:

Back story.....

My car was stolen in December 2012. My insurance covered a rental car from Enterprise. I was happy with the service Enterprise offered me.

My car was stolen again in January 2013 (I know... CRAZY). Again Enterprise offered really good service, however, I was a little agitated because of the time it took to go through all of the paperwork since my insurance had not had a chance to set up the rental.....but no complaints. My experience was good.

Early March 2013. I reserved a car for the weekend of March 22 and March 29 because I had some family things to attend to. I bring in my information--the SAME type of information used in January 2013 and was told that I COULD NOT rent a car because there was no physical address on my check stub.

I use my P.O. Box as my mailing address (have for the past 10 years) because I've had issues with my mail coming to where I live. I have a home phone (landline) and internet, but the bill does not come to my home. Everything goes to my P.O. Box and the service address is not on the bill. However, I pulled up my profile from ATT (my home and internet service) and it gives my SERVICE ADDRESS. But Enterprise told me that they could not use this information.

I told the women that I did NOT have this issue in January 2013 when I rented the car. She was the same woman who helped me in January 2013 and took my pay stub that had my P.O. Box address on it...... She said that she had made a mistake and would have gotten in trouble....

My DRIVERS LICENSE is the only thing that has my actually address on it (the same address as my service address on my ATT profile account) and she would not take this.

She stated that this could easily be an incorrect address on my drivers license.

I stated to her that I could easily have phone or electric bill in my name at someone else's house too....

WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SO HARD???!!

So, I can't visit my sick father because I CAN'T pay to get a car to go see him.....I have to find alternative transporation because I CAN'T PAY MY MONEY to rent a car to go see my baby brother get married.

I understand what she says about people stealing cars.....There are bad people who make things hard for everyone, but just like she calls the insurance company to verify my insurance, can't she call ATT to verify my SERVICE address, especially since the flaw in this policy is that I CAN HAVE MY NAME ON SOMEONE ELSE'S BILL AT SOMEONE ELSE'S HOUSE??

WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SO HARD.

I understand, I work in social service (with people coming out of prison who will try to scheme, plot and plan) but come on.....

I even told her that I just renewed my car registration and that has my physical address on it (I did not get it in the mail, I got it from the DMV when it was renewed), but she would not take that.

I'm not saying change the policy for one person, but because this policy is FLAWED, there must be some type of exceptions.......


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...