Friday, March 22, 2013

"I'm the Strongest Person I know"

That's what, ********* said to me when I texted her about helping Mister. Basically, I said to her that I'm praying for her strength. "Thank You. I'm the strongest person I know," she responded.

That got me to thinking about my strength and the strength of a person in general. The Bible says, if you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small. There have been times when I've fainted...not literally, but I've given up and not pressed forward. The Bible also says, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me and I now use that as a mantra when I'm faced with issues. The "through Christ" part of that verse is key because He is the one that provides strength.

Her statement was bold to me. I'm not saying that one shouldn't be confident in their strength (and I have no issue whatsoever with her because I don't know her at all), but I think that most people are too confident in their OWN strength. I know that in the past, that had been my issue. I HAD to be strong so much that I didn't fully rely on God. I HAD to do everything myself. I'm not naive anymore. I CAN'T do anything WITHOUT Christ. I can't. Other people think they can, but I CAN'T.  He gives me the strength and the times that I have fainted was because I wasn't relying on Him. I was trying to do it myself....

Amongst the mental strains that I've been faced with lately, I can say that my strength isn't small anymore. I'm not fainting because I continue to use the word of God. Psalms 121 says:

121 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. 2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. 3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. 4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand. 6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. 7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. 8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...