Thursday, January 31, 2013

Vacation in Puerto Rico

I was in a meeting with my boss yesterday.  She asked me how I was mentally. I told her that I need to rest, like I need a vacation. She then told me to take a few days off and go somewhere ON HER DIME!!

WOW, GOD IS GOOD!!

She went on to tell me that she "felt" me and she knew that I needed to rest, so she offered to pay for the hotel room and something to eat if I took a few days off. It was interesting that she was saying this because just yesterday I looked at how much time I had to take off and currently I don't have any vacation days because where I work, I don't get any vacation days until a year of service. My year doesn't mature until March, but I do have Flex Time...about 16 hours that I can use. I think I'm gonna take her up on that offer during our next holiday which is February 12. But, that's on a Tuesday, so maybe the next holiday which is February 18 which is a Monday. Maybe I'll take that Friday off so that I could have a 4 day weekend.  If I did have a 4 day weekend, I'd go to Puerto Rico or maybe Niagara Falls. I wonder what the weather is like this time of year down south. I know up north, it's cold, but think Puerto Rico maybe nice and balmy this time of year. Hmmmmm.....

I'm making all these plans and I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY. Grrrrr. I know she said she would take care of the hotel and food, but I need to cover transporation and any other "vacation stuff" I may need. I HATE BEING BROKE!!  How can I go on vacation when I don't even have money to wash my clothes or buy groceries or buy deordorant or, or, or....... *SIGH* 

So, maybe February is out of the questions....let's look at March. I may be able to save up a few dollars by then. The only holiday in March is on March 29 for Good Friday. Can I last that long??? I'm exhausted. Like, I don't need to be driving, exhausted. I doped up on caffeine this morning, but now the sleep is hitting me and I'm going to be working until 9 tonight on a project for work. UGH!!  What am I going to do??

I REALLY need to sleep. At least I'll have Saturday so that I can spend all day in bed. Which I WILL DO. I'm not gonna answer the phone or nothing. I will be MIA on Saturday....

So, I guess a Staycation it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...