Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Leave That Church Girl Alone....

....She WILL break your heart!!

I wish I could tell Mister that. And any other guy who is not saved and/or interested in a relationship with God.

I grew up in the church. I was taught to pray, I was taught to read scripture. I was taught to believe in God and the power of the Holy Spirit. All of this in engrained in me. The Bible says to train up a child in the way that he should go and when he is old, he will not depart. I was trained in holiness and righteousness, so as an adult, I am not/will not depart from what I've learned. I will marry a man who has been trained as I have and we will train our children.

So, when I meet a man who is not interested on God or has been taught differently from me, I know that the relationship will not prosper. I tried to tell Mister this. When we first met, I let him know that I didn't think I was interested in a relationship with him because he didn't believe like I did. As a matter of fact we would have major disagreements about what we each individually believed. However, despite this, our emotions got in the way and he fell in love with me and I claimed that I loved him. In the end he was heartbroken and I was praying to God that I could move on with my life. I loved God MORE than I wanted to be with him!!  I'm still trying to tell him this now. Even though the lines of communiation are open between us, there is nothing, NOTHING, that will cause me to get back with him. There is no point...I will waste my time trying to have a relationship with him. He will be heartbroken again, if I decided to let my guards down and date him.

I tried to tell Coach this too. I remember telling him that I was a church girl. Basically, I was saying that no matter what, I love God and if you don't love Him like I love Him, then you are wasting your time.

We see how that went.

So, if there is someone who you are interested in and that person loves God, but you don't. DON'T MESS WITH THEM because they WON'T LEAVE GOD to be with you. As a matter of fact, they might leave God for a little bit, but there is something about the love of GOD that always draws them back and if you aren't willing to go with them, then your heart will be broken!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...