Sunday, January 6, 2013

12 + 1

13 is an interesting number. In the Bible there were 12 tribes of Israel, 12 disciples--the number 12 symbolized the government of God. 13 is 12 + 1=God and Man. This was the first Sunday of the year and in church, our Apostle explained about 13. It can symbolize rebellion. According to Genesis when the 4 kings went to battle with the 5 kings...the people had submitted for 12 years. In the 13th year they rebelled. 13 can also symbolize a blessing. It was 13 years from the time that Ismael was born when Abraham's frustration ended. God had promised him a son from him and Sarah. In that 13th year God told him again and made a covenant with him. Then Issac came. When Joseph went into captivity, he was 17. It was 13 years later that he was placed as the king's man in charge over all of Egypt. I began to think about this.... For the past few days I have been feeling, "Blah." Very disinterested, very withdrawn (I didn't want to answer the phone or talk to anyone really). This also caused me to feel very uncertain about my life--very self-conscious. I even texted Mister and told him that I was in a funk in which he replied, "I can't help you, I'm always down. I talked to you to cheer me up." WOW. That spoke volumes to me!! RED FLAG, RED FLAG, RED FLAG!! That reminded me of the time when I had the dream about me drowning in the lake and I was reaching for him to save me and he told me he couldn't swim, so he was drowning too. SOMEBODY NEEDS to be up. We both can't be down at the same time....who's gonna pick who up?? Who's gonna pass around the smelling sauce?? The Bible says, "Two are better than one...." basically because when one is down the other one can help him get up. But, the revelation with me and Mister is that I can't be in a relationship with him because if he's always down then what am I gonna do when I get down. He's useless. I can't get into a boat with him, we'd both drown. Anyway, while I was in my funk, I was praying to God that I needed something to pull me up out of this slump and the word of God did it today. I have hope again!! Then I realized that it was about 13 years ago that moved to this city. I was 22 and now I am 35. God, if your word is true and the man of God is right, then that means that this is gonna be a GOOD YEAR for me. I moved in in August 2009, so I'm in my 13th year being here and I need a blessing. I want to make a covenant with God. I want to be obedient and do what He wants me to do. I want to dream again. I want to have a dream again. 13 years ago I sat down and planned my life and God has been good to me because most of what I planned has come to past. However, I've felt like I haven't really had a plan. I've felt like I've been drifting for the past few years. I'm tired of drifting. I want to be stable and I want to GROW!!! If I don't grow I will die. Jesus cursed the fig tree because it would not produce--it would not grow. I want to produce. After God made the covenant with Abraham in the 13th year. Abraham and Sarah produced--they had Issac. I WANT MY ISSAC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...