Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cautiously Excited

I'm applying for a new job. Yep, I'm gonna do it.

Financially, I'm in a bind and I need to dig myself out of this red dirt. So, that means I not only need to use my money more wisely, but I also need to make more money. Right now I'm making about $32,000, and the job I'm applying for make about $38,000. I can use an extra $6000 in my life. The only drawback is that my boss is VERY supportive of me and she is very encouraging and I'm apprehensive about leaving her. Of course the new position is with the same company, so I will still work with her, but not in the same capacity. Actually, I will be coordinating a program so it would be a "step up" from where I am now.

*sigh*

But, she has to understand. I mean, when she first started working her, she was simply a case manager and now she's a director. I sure she will understand. I just need to know how to do this tactfully. So, I'm excited, but at the same time I'm cautious because what if I apply for the program and I don't get it?? How will I feel?? I've never been in that position before where I work with the same people who reject me.... But, I have to go for it. I have to move up financially. I wonder if there are other people in the building who want to apply for the job too? I don't know how to handle that either. What if someone else in the builidng applies, gets the job and I don't?? I'm going to go for it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...