Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My Lunch Bag Was in That Car!

I walked outside the church and it was gone....

I scratched my head, looked down the street. Hmmmm....where did I park my car? I thought I parked it right here, right in front of the door.

Then it hit me.....MY CAR WAS STOLEN!!!

I can't even describe the feeling. I was astonished, almost amazed....words escaped me. Then it hit me again, MY CAR WAS STOLEN!!!

The evil car, the car that was cursed, it was gone and I didn't know what to do. I went back into the building to tell Mr & Mrs Lewis. Mr Lewis was shocked...mad even. The police was called, but I still can't describe the feeling.

I laughed.

Not because it was funny but because I have this thing...

When I'm nervous, shocked, etc, I laugh. I don't cry, I don't get angry, I laugh. Most people find that disturbing. Why would I laugh???

I mean, over $1000 in equipment was just stolen along with my vehicle. Not to mention my wallet with my ID, a prepaid visa card, my niece's christmas gifts, my laundry detergent, and, and.....MY LUNCH BAG.

My new cute $2 lunch bag was in that car. I know, I know it's silly, but do you know what it's like to have something taken, STOLEN from you??  Even the $2 lunch bag means something. There is value to it because it was MINE!!!

I want to cry... I WANT TO CRY, but I can't. I don't know why?? I don't want to be sad, so I guess that's why I don't want to cry. I did tear up when talking to the insurance lady. She asked me about my personal effects in the car and as I was listing them my eyes water when I mentioned my niece's christmas gift that I was suppoed to mail to her. I teared up again when I got off the phone with the insurance lady and I saw that my sister's coats were still here in my office. I thought I had put them in the car. So, my sister was happy to hear that news.

My insurance company is covering the cost of a rental car. But, of course in order to get a rental car, I must have driver's license (which was in my car) and in order to get a new driver's license, I have to pay for it, but I have no license to go to the bank. I hope they will take my passport as valid identification.

*sigh*

The Bible says, "Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all. Psalms 34:19...another translation says, "A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all."



No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...