Saturday, November 2, 2013

In NEED

I am in NEED of a nice WARM BED. Yes, something plush, warm and cozy. It is 1:15 am (about to be 1:00am when time goes back) and I am at church. Yep, I am in the church working on a project that probably should have been done on Friday, or at least by this afternoon. I'm not complaining because I LOVE serving in the house of the Lord. But, boy am I TIRED. And it freezing cold outside. I think it's about 30 degrees and I don't have a coat on. Thank God for a nice warm apartment to call home, but I wish I had a nice warm BED that I could curl up and fall asleep. I will have it soon enough. January is my goal to have a new bed. I pray I meet it!!!

In other news....

I love being apart of my church. I love the family aspect, I love the team aspect and I just love God. I love my leaders and my church home. So I am a "son" in the house. Sonship is not gender specific in christiandom. So, I am a son and I am continuing to learn how to be a good son.

In being a good son, I am required to gain godly counsel for major decisions. So today after our leadership meeting, I mentioned to my Apostle that I wanted to become a foster mom. His reply, "That's serious work...." Then he asked why I made that decision. I told him that I've always wanted to provide a good home for children who needed good homes. I mentioned that I had friends who were foster children and their foster mom was a godly woman in the church and she raised them well.  He then asked when I start the process. I told him that I hadn't and that I wanted his counsel. He let me know that he would meet with me.

Of course that made me a little nervous. I mean, I was already nervous in telling him, but I'd rather get godly counsel than make such a major decision and regret it later.

So, I pray that God's will be done in this decision!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...