Thursday, August 22, 2013

Paying My Debts

I went to the debt collectors today to inquire about paying off my debt. There was a total of $8,101.99.

SAY, WHAT????

All I knew about was a debt for $321, $341, and $3500. Where did this other $3900 come from....

Well, apparently I have an old debt from 2003 that still has not been paid. It was from when I had a roommate and she stopped paying her rent and because both our names were on the lease I went down in the sinking ship too.

UGH!!!!

I disputed it back in 2003 and I'm still disputing it now. As a matter of fact, the landlord had a written letter saying that I paid my portion, but not her portion. So, I will continue to dispute it. And there was a bill for $120. I do't remember that one...but, I gotta pay it. I'm not looking for any hand outs in paying my bills, I just want them paid. I told the woman that I would pay the $120 and $321 on next week. Then I would pay the $341 in mid Septermber....Then I will tackle the $3500.

How do you eat an elephant...one bite at a time.

So, I'm going to take that large bill and pay it off one portion at a time. At first I was trying to hold onto my money and save up to pay it all in one lump sum, but that's not working for me. My goal is to have it paid by the end of the year, but sooner if possible!!

Thank You, God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...