Thursday, August 29, 2013

Restitution

I got a call from Kathy (not her real name) at the State's Attorney's office. She stated that the case of my stolen car is still proceeding, but she wants to know the cost associated with my loss because she wants restitution to be paid for what I lost. The cost of my key replacement, my laptop, camera, backup drive...everything in my car that was lost. I've been trying to find all of my receipts. I pray that I can find them...But, this is what I have so far:

Keys remade: $65
HP Laptop: $600 (got to find that receipt)
Kodak Camera: $59
Seagate Backup Drive: $71
My neice's Christmas gift: $30 (the receipt was in the box to be mailed to her just in case I didn't get the correct size)

There were other things that were of value like my laundry detergent (Tide is expensive), but I didn't list that.

Of course they stole my car a second time, but they weren't charged for that one because they could not determine WHO stole my car, so I can't list any of those charges such as the rental car.

I'm not even sure if I can list the value of Microsoft office professional that was loaded onto my laptop because my job gave that to me because I work at home, but that was nearly $500 in value.

I wish that I just get my stuff back. Yes, I need the money to purchase new stuff because right now I have not been able to replace any of that, but all of the data I had on my laptop and the backup drive and all of my pictures....Yes, the items can be replaced, buy my data can't...my photos can't. That's what I want most of all!!!

If my stuff can be returned in the condition that it was stolen, I'd take it!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...