Saturday, August 3, 2013

Excuse Me, What Kind of Hairstyle is That?

I don't get "hit on" very often. It makes me wonder, "Am I unattractive? Am I fat or Am I just too old?" I don't let it bother me, but it's nice for someone to notice me and I'm not talking about some old, bald dude with missing teeth. I'm talking about someone my age.

So, imagine my surprise when a guy asked me, "Excuse me, what kind of hairstyle is that?"

"Huh," was my response as I tried to come up with words to explain my hairstyle. He then went on to tell me that he was flirting.

"Oh, Ok," was all I managed to say. I mean, I was at the laundromat, sweaty from being out in the sun at the run/walk, and I have a small cold sore on my lip. I wasn't feeling quite attractive or flirty, but I accepted it. I didn't say anything else to him and he left.

I started thinking about a conversation Mister and I had about meeting people. He was disappointed that he has not been able to meet anyone that he wants to me. He mentioned that his prospects are at gas stations or laundromats (meaning the women at laundromats and gas stations are not the type of women he likes to meet). I told him, I always go to the gas station and laundromat. I kind of laughed because I understand.
The last guy that hit on me at the gas station was half drunk and the last guy that hit on my at the laundromat was almost 50 and involved with another woman. Then there was the guy that said he liked me, but he didn't want to date a black girl. LOL. He wasn't saying it in a racist way, he was half black. What I got from him saying it was that he dated some black girls in the past who weren't "his cup of tea." I understand. There are a lot of hood chicks out there and quite a few go to the laundromat. LOL.

Anyway....

This guy was cute. He had his son with him. When he came back, he finally got up enough nerve to talk to me. We exchanged numbers. He's from D.C. (my fav place to visit). I'm not sure what I think about him. I asked him how many children he had. He said he had 6.

Oh boy.....


Here we go again....


LOL.....

Why do I meet men with so many children. I want a man that can pay a lot of attention to me. When you have more than 2 children, you attention is spread thin, in addition to your money.

I then asked, "Married, divorces, or single," to which he replied, "Single."

Oh boy....


So that means baby mamas.

He explained that he was in a relationship for 10 years and he has 5 children by the woman. WOW.

10 years is a lot to compete with. And he said that he moved here, all the way to central IL because of this woman. WOW!!!

Not, sure what I'm going to do with this. Maybe I'll just go out a few times, just to have a little fun. But, I tend to think that if you have been in an extensive relationship for a long time, you NEED to take some time for you. You don't NEED to jump right into the next relationship. I mean, how do you know who you are apart from the relationship. When people have been together for that long, and I'm assuming they lived together, they "JOIN" together as one. And when they break up it's like part of them is missing and they need to get or fill that part back up with themselves. When Mister left I went a little crazy with the men and it was making me so crazy that I just needed to STOP. I took time for me. Almost 3 years without a date and there have been times where I've been just happy to be by myself because I needed to know who I was apart from him. My life was so intertwined with him that I didn't know who I was or what I liked. I NEEDED that time and space.

I know, I know....everyone is different.

But, 10 years being attached to someone.

And you didn't marry the person. Why not get married? But you kept having children.

Something is wrong with that picture.  I"m not judging it, but I'm cautious.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...