Monday, February 28, 2011

New Apartment

I haven't been on in a week. So much has been going on.

I move into my apartment today. I got my keys about two weeks ago, but my lease doesn't start until tomorrow. I told my boss that I want to replace the carpet. It's horrible. I cringe every time I walk on it. So, I filed my taxes and I will be getting a refund. That money is going to replace the carpet. I went to one of the carpet stores in town that was going out of business. I didn't know it cost so much to replace a carpet. I guess it makes sense. Carpet should last a long time, but the cheapest they had was $1.19 a sq foot. I believe I would be carpeting about 600 sq feet. Then the pad cost .50 a sq foot and to install it is .55 a sq foot. That's about $1200. So, I decided that I don't need to replace the carpet and I'm gonna try to ask a guy at my church who does that type of work it he could install it for me for about $200. My goal is to not pay more than $700 (including tax) for the carpet.

My car was broken and because the job that I volunteer with gave me $1000, I used some of that money to pay for it. It cost about $200 to replace the ignition module and get an oil change. When I got the bill it said that the part cost $165, so I looked it up online. I didn't find one that cost $165, but I did find one that cost $70. Hmmmm. He only charged me $24 for labor. Hmmmm.

But, it's fixed. The engine light did come on again this morning, and I'm hoping it's nothing.

I moved all my stuff out of Jenny's house. It took me about 20 minutes to load my car up. I do have some things that are hanging in the closet, but the rest of my stuff is crammed in my car. I'm gonna unload it today.

I'm applying for my Ph.d program. The deadline is March 15. I'm also applying for a fellowship, graduate assistantship and an internship. I hope between the three, something comes in.

I'm not working and still having issues with my unemployment, but I'm not gonna worry. It's unnecessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...