Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My New Neighbors

I know that people steal. I've had my car broken in to three times--my cds were stolen, my cell phone was stolen, and my window was broken out by a crackhead to get some change in the console. Ok, I don't know if it was a crackhead, but I assumed that was who did it. I've had my old apartment burglarized (I suspected my neighbor. I've even had my underwear stolen out of the dryer before (That was definitely my neighbor). So I knew that while moving I didn't need to leave my stuff in the hallway. Sure enough as I was moving my things, I left my wall mirror--not the $10 kind at Walmart, but the $45 kind that you get from a mirror store) at the bottom of the stairs, it's heavy and I didn't want to break it. I almost forgot about it and as I heard my neighbor go down the stairs, I decided to rush to get it because I didn't want anyone to get the idea that it was free. As I walked out my door, she was coming up the stairs with MY mirror. I scared her, "is this your?" she asked. I told her it was with a half smile and she said that she was gonna steal it. I smirked. I knew she was, that's why I went to get it when I heard her. Boy, oh boy!!! I haven't moved all my stuff in. I want to get the new carpet before I move everything.

I also found a carpet for .89 a sq foot. I think I can get it for under $600 and I don't have to buy the pad because it's attached. THANK GOD!!! Now I just need to find someone to install it for free. LOL.

The engine light in my car is on and I took it to Auto Zone and the machine said it was my catalytic converter. Good grief. The cheapest one was about $250. I don't know how much it cost for labor. I still need new tires. My entire tax refund check will go to my carpet and my car.

I'm still applying for graduate school. I have until March 15 to get my references. They want two references from an instructor. I haven't been in school since 2004. I don't know what to do. I'm praying about it.

No news on the job front, but my unemployment is coming in. Thank God. I still have money on my Link card. UGH!!! I want to go grocery shopping so badly, but I think they will make me pay that money back to the government since I'm getting unemployment. Ugh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...