Sunday, March 27, 2011

2am Stalker

It was 1:57am when I called the police. I was scared, frantic, trying to tiptoe through my apartment, just in case the perpetrator heard me and tried to come after me instead of his girlfriend who refused to open the door for him....

Okay, rewind.....

I was sound asleep and I heard this loud bang. Someone was banging on my neighbors door. Then I heard what sounded like pots and pans falling down the stairs. A male voice was yelling, "Sara (not her real name) open the door, I won't hurt you, open up, hurry..." I grabbed my phone and dialed 911. I told them there was a man banging on my neighbors door trying get in. I think I said some other stuff, but everything happened so fast. When I got off the phone, I was tip toeing in my apartment. I didn't want him to hear me walking because I didn't know if he was drunk or just plain crazy. I didn't want him to come to my apartment to bang on my door. "The police are come Sara, open up, please," he kept pleading with her. Then there was quiet. Then a car alarm went off. I heard Sara leave her apartment. What is she doing, I wondered. Why is she running after him. Let him go. Then I heard them arguing outside. I ran to the window to lift it to hear what was going on. "Stop, grandma is on the phone, talk to grandma, STOP!" She kept shouting to him. I was the police creeping down the street with no lights on, even the headlights we off. When he noticed the police, he took off out of the vehicle that I later learned he was trying to steal. The police took off after him. Some where in between all of this, I called my boss to let her know what was happening. I also peaked outside my front door and learned that it wasn't pots and pans that caused all the racket, he had broken all the glass out the security door. This was the type of glass that had wire in it. How did he do that? I wondered. I quickly closed my door before anyone came back up and ran to the other window where I saw a guy laying on the pavement and another person standing over him. I assumed the police had somehow tackled him to the ground. Three other police officers ran quickly to the scene and shortly afterwards, a police van came to pick him up.

Sara came back into the police officer to file the report. I heard her tell the police the he ran up the wall to get onto the balcony. HUH?? Ran up the wall???? She then proceeded to say that she didn't know how he got there, "he must have walked over here, but he was trying to steal my car, so I ran after him" she was telling the police. He tried to kick in window in, she told the officer. After everything calmed down and she left, I called my boss again to tell her that the police caught the guy and that the glass on the door was broken. I looked outside again and noticed the window, 8 feet high was open. Oooohh, that's the wall he climbed up. The guy had to have taken a leap from the stairs to get to the window. He must have climbed out to get to the balcony to kick in her window. But, how did he get down? There is no way down unless you jump off the second floor balcony or climb back into the window and fall 8 feet to the ground. He must have been drunk or high to do that and not get hurt.

It was now 3:30am and my car was parked right where all of this was happening. I decided to move my vehicle to the back parking lot. It was 4am by the time I went back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...