Thursday, February 3, 2011

When it Rains it Pours

Not only is my job in jeopardy, I'm getting emails left and right about a community program that I'm supposed to be hosting--why aren't the flyers posted??? Because I have no money to buy them. Why are you emailing your job instead of calling them??? Because I have no minutes on my phone. What else could go wrong??? I understand that this is just a test. I have to stay strong and not allow this to rattle my cage. Plus, stress eating causes me more stress. I gained 2 pounds today. Ugh!!

In other news..

I've been catching the bus and I have no problem with public transportation. I'm a green person so I love public transportation. But, I don't like loud obnoxious people, like the girl at the bus station who had to loudly talk to her friend on the phone. "Girl, it looks like I"m 6 mos. pregnant. I may be 3 or 4 mos. though. Tell so and so why he leave me. He know he saw me get off the bus....blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. She went on and on and I just wanted to ask her politely to please lower your voice. She did not have to talk that loud and no one wanted to know if so and so called you a b*tch. Dag. Have some couth. As I was riding the bus, the bus driver and a man who I found to be my neighbor began a foolish discussion on a quote in the paper. The quote said something to this effect, "It's a terrible thing for a man to not know what he doesn't know...." The bus driver decided to disagree with him. Then he asked my opinion. In my mind I remembered the scripture, "my people perish for lack of knowledge" and I also remembered the saying, what you don't know can kill you so I told her the latter and he partially agreed with me, but I believe he just wanted to talk, as ignorant as his comments were, I really believe he felt he was right. The worst part is that I think he was a preacher. How are you gonna be a preacher and say something ignorant like, "you should know what you don't know." WHAT??? How many people say, "if I knew then, what I know now...." Knowledge is power!! And ignorance is NOT bliss!!!!

I just came to the conclusion that this man was a fool. Only a fool will despise knowledge. Thats a proverb in the Bible, but I don't feel like looking it up right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...