Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Lovely Snow Storm

Actually it's a blizzard warning, but it's not good.

It took us 2 hours to drive 50 miles yesterday. It was sleeting and snowing the whole way home. Semi-trucks were zooming by and we just prayed all the way home. When we finally got home at 7:30, I got out the car and my body was still going with the car. The car had stopped, but my body was still going. We didn't drive more than 30mph on the highway. So, this morning, the schools were shut down, day care centers were shut down, even the university that I'm sitting in now is closed, so there was no need for us to take forever to get to work today. They said that we are supposed to get 12 inches of snow. Boooooo.

I started my car on Sunday and the engine light came on. I puttered to church praying all the way, then I puttered home. Thank God that Kim is our back up when my car is not working. I'm kind of glad because my tires on my car are horrible. There is no way that I would have been able to drive over the highway.

My goal was to hang out here at the university today because I didn't want to be at home with Jenny and the children. Actually, I would have loved to sleep in today, but oh well. So, I took of this morning all bundled up on foot. I needed to get to the post office and then to the bank so that I could get some money to catch the bus to the university. Before getting on the bus I stopped at Kroger to get something to eat. I had about 20 minute wait for the bus. It wasn't so bad.


In other news...

The lady that told me about the Resident Manager job told me to call the director. I called on yesterday. I also told my friend Step to call. I figured that if I don't get the job, then she could get it because she needs a place to stay too. So, I left the director a message. I pray she calls me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...