Sunday, February 10, 2013

I WILL NOT LIE

It is said that Abraham Lincoln could not lie. I wish I was like that! It's not that my goal is to lie, but sometimes it just slips out. "What are you doing?" My immediate response is simply to say, "Nothing," even when I am doing something. Well, it's a lie, if I"m actually doing something and I say I'm doing nothing.

Sometimes these are unconscious lies, it's just habit to lie, but there are somethings that are blatant and it takes a conscious effort to not tell the truth. But, during these times, there must be a conscious effort TO TELL THE TRUTH. And that's what I did.

I applied for a job with the state of Illinois. In order to apply, I must have a VALID teaching certificate. Well, my certificate was valid as of July 2012 and then it expired. I did not have the means for it to be renewed, so I let it lapse. I called the ROE to ask what I needed to do to reinstate my license and she said I needed to pay $500 or present 9 credit hours of course work. I have NEITHER. So I thought that I simply tell them on the application that my license was valid and I would figure out how to get it renewed, but that would be a lie. And I didn't want to blow my chance. So, I told the truth. I told them that my license expired in 2012, but I am in the process of getting it renewed.

I pray that I find favor with God and man to get an interview so that I can get the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...