Sunday, February 17, 2013

Don't Trouble the Water

My brother called me to tell me that my stepdad--his dad--has been sexually harrassing his wife. Sending he inappropriate messages on facebook, making inappropriate comments on her pictures....He's had it...my brother is fed up with his father. He was hurt by it, mad at him for what he was doing and he vowed that he didn't want anything to do with him, ever again.

This made me sad....

Basically because it took my brother a long time to forgive his father for leaving when he was little. He was just getting over the hurt of the abandonment and his dad--the man that he is named after--goes and tries to flirt with his wife. WOW!!

I didn't know what to say to console him. I prayed for him and talked to him about forgiving his dad and he was moving in the right direction...but not this......

This along with the scandal with my dad, has been alot. I just found out that my mom and my brother and sister's mom were good friends which is one of the reasons that I didn't grow up with my dad. My mother was mad because her good friend was screwing her boyfriend--her children's father. WOW!!!

I was gonna call my mom to ask questions about my dad, especially in light of the craziness going on with my grandmother's death, but for some reason, I wanted to hear Aretha Franklin and I've been listening to Bridge Over Troubled Water for the past hour or so. "Don't trouble the water," is what she's saying. Maybe I should just leave it alone. Let sleeping dogs lie.....But, I am so bothered. I don't know what to do.....

I'm troubled, but I don't think I should trouble the waters....I need a bridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...