Friday, February 22, 2013

I Don't Ask for Much

Dear God,

When I pray, I usually don't ask for much. I pray for my family. I pray that I can do the will of God, but I don't pray a whole lot for material things or for things for myself. But, now I'm coming "standing in the need" of prayer (as the old folks used to say). I really like my job. I like the flexibility, I enjoy meeting new people, I really enjoy what I do, when I'm doing what I do, but I NEED more money. I've been doing an assessment and over the past years, I've contributed upwards of 15% of my income to the church. I love my church and I love my church family and I love God. I love giving to my church, but I'm finding it hard with my financial situation.

I NEED an increase and I NEED that increase to be in something that I love to do.

There is a job that I applied for that would double my salary and it is doing something that I love to do--teach. I would really like to have that job. I know that technically I'm not qualified because my teaching certificate lapsed, but You are God! You can do ANYTHING!! I pray that if it's YOUR will, give me the job!! I use your word...."seek and you shall find, ask and the door will be opened," "you have not because you ask now and when you ask, you ask amiss."

I'm not asking amiss. I don't want this job out greed or selfish gain. I really do need to make more money so that I can live and be a blessing to others. I cannot do you will when I am broke because my mind is on the money that I don't have and how I'm gonna make ends meet. Your word says to give and it shall be given to me...some 30, 60, or 100 fold. I've given over the years and you have blessed me, but I ask to you honor Your word and reward me with a blessing of this new job.

In Jesus's name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...