Thursday, March 1, 2012

One last week

I have one week to work as a GED instructor. I will still be teaching for the NP I volunteer with, but no more working at the college or the community center. I'm gonna pitch my class at the NP to the college to see if they will partner with us. We will see how that goes. Because we don't have the testing equipment and resources.

I've got to get car insurance before I start my new job. Man, I don't have a lot of money and unemployment only sent me $74. UGH!!! So, I'm gonna be counting my pennies until the end of the month. I can't wait to get my health insurance. I'm sure it won't take effect until at least 30 days after I work, but I will have it. I also can't wait to have a steady paycheck.

I've been working on my budget and I think I will be able to pay all of my debt (sans student loan) this year!! $31,000 per year = 2,583 per mos =1,291 per paycheck.

My expenses are:

Rent= $0  THANK GOD
Utilities= $0 THANK GOD
Rental Ins= $15 per month (I have to buy) ($180 per year)

YMCA= $20 per month ($240 per year)

Car Loan= $250 per month ($3000 per year)
Car Ins= $100 per month (I have to buy insurance) ($1200 per year)

Gas=$100 per month (they say gas is going up, UGH) ($1200 per year)
Oil Change= $150 per year (4 times a year at $35 each or $12.50 per month)
Total Car expenses=$ $465 per month ($5550 per year)

Phone= $100 per month (stupid prepaid phone, I've gotta get something cheaper) ($1200 per year)
Food= $150 per month ($1800 per year)
Misc= $100 per month ($1200 per year) (tissue, clothes, lotion, toothpaste, etc)
Total= $350 per month ($4200)

Student Loan= $300 per month ($3600)

I do pay my tithes every paycheck so my tithes should total $3,100 for the year and I participate in our churches Debt Retirement program where I help to pay the churches mortgage at about $1500 per year.   I also give an offering and give a monetary gift to my Apostle and his family during celebrations such as National Clergy Appreciation Month or his anniversary for a total of $1000 per year.  All of these are tax deductible except the $1000 and in prior years (except this year) I have been able to use my charity donations to boost my from a standard deduction to an itemized deduction which has benefited me.  For 2011, I only gave about $5000 to my church so I had to take the standard deduction.  Maybe if I boost that to $6000 or $7000 I'll get a larger refund for 2012 taxes.  I'll try.

So my overall month expenses= $1150.00 ($13,800 per year)

I should be able to pay majority of my bills with one check.  Of about 15% will be taken out for taxes, insurance, so  that will leave me with about $1000 a month. 

I NEED to make sure I stick to this budget!!!

If I can stick to this budget I will be able to pay:

$3000 car loan
$3500 for my evicted apt
$1000 medical bills

And actually, I'm supposed to pay my car off this month.  I'm not sure what will happen if it's not paid, but my goal is to have that paid by May.

Father God, PLEASE DON'T LET MY CAR BREAK DOWN!!!  I CAN'T AFFORD TO GET IT FIXED!!!!  In JESUS name.  AMEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...