Tuesday, March 13, 2012

First Day on the Job

Today is my first day!!!  YAY!!!

There are 107 employees (including me) at the health dept.  I've met so many Kathy's, Amy's, and I've shaken so many hands.  Thank God I'm not OCD.  The only people I remember are Administration (my bosses) and JK the maintenance guy.  LOL.  Actually, I remember Tom too because he is on the few guys that work for the dept.

I signed up for health insurance and learned that it won't start until May 1.  That's cool.  I can't wait.  I wanna make an apt to see my doc ASAP.  I actually get $150 back on my deductible when I do a routine physical every year.  So, that will be my first appt along with an appt to see the dentist.  Too bad we don't get to go to the dentist at the health dept for free.  However, we do get free immunization and TB test, which I have to do tomorrow morning.  I only get $10,000 life insurance, but I have an option to buy an $100000 term life in policy which I think I'm gonna go ahead and do.  I'm also gonna sign up for the 457 plan which is like a 401K. I need to build my retirement back up.  If I left my money in the retirement funds, I thing I'd have over $30,000.  I can also sign up for budget counseling through EAP.  I'm gonna do that cause I NEED HELP WITH MANAGING THE PENNIES I'M GONNA BE MAKING.

I will get my first check on March 23.  I'm only gonna get paid about $480, but that's cool.  My first full check will be April 5.

Another cool thing is that I get my B-day off.  How cool is that for a perk???!!!!!!

I want to plan a trip to Niagara Falls for my b-day.  I've been checking out rate, especially since my B-day is on a Friday this year.

I'm on lunch break now.  I gotta be back at 1:05....So, I'm headed back to the office.




No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...