Thursday, March 1, 2012

Electrolysis

I AM EMBARRASSED!!

I have horrible facial hair.  Not just peach fuzz, but a manly goatee is growing on my face.  GROSS!!

It started in 2003 after my pregnancy and not knowing much I began tweezing and eventually waxing the few strands of hair that were growing on my chin. Those strands multiplied and it wasn't until 3 years later that I learned that the tweezing and waxing was causing it to grow thicker.  So, I began to shave, but that caused razor bumps so I've used depilatory for the past few years. I've always had a thin mustache that you could barely see, but even those hairs are growing thicker.  However, because my hormones are whack the hair is growing and growing and now I have to depilatory once a week otherwise I look like this:



It's horrible and because my skin is dark I get horrible dark spots that look like this:





It's so gross and embarrassing.  When I did date, I would hate for a man to get close to my face.  Even though I piled on the makeup, there was always stubble.

So I went to for my first electrolysis appointment on yesterday.  I was excited.  But it hurt like crazy!!!

I took an ibuprofin an hour before, but it still stung, burned and hurt.  It was bearable, but uncomfortable.  She was only able to get the top part of my chin.  I go back in two weeks for her to do the bottom part.  After that she will do my mustache.

When I get my health insurance I'm gonna see if I can get my hormones checked out.  I know insurance won't pay for all of it, but I hope they will cover some.  I have got to get rid of this.  I AM NOT A MAN!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...