Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I am a PIO

Yep, when I started my job with the health department, I became an assistant PIO--Public Information Officer.  I'm also on call 24/7 as an emergency responder.  So, if there is a tornado, flood, earthquake, or other natural disaster or community emergency I have to respond and be able to provide information to the public.  So, this means I definitely MUST get a new cell phone plan ASAP.  I can't be running out of minutes and the people are trying to call me.

As a health educator I have to be a public health image in the community.  So, of course I have to model health which to me includes LOSING WEIGHT.   I haven't weighed myself, but I think I still need to lose about 30-35 pounds to be within a healthy weight range.  It's getting to be warmer and I'm tired of binding my fat in two girdles.  UGH!!  JJ Smith has a weight loss challenge that I'm gonna sign up for.  I hope I get picked.  I need more motivation to lose weight.  I think I've got the working out down (I completed the 7 week survivor challenge at the Y), but I need help with learning what to eat and how food affects my weight.

In other news....

As a health educator, I promote public health within the community.  So I recorded 3 radio commercials related to smoking this morning.  It was cool!!!  I told my boss that I'm not a stranger to radio.  I've done radio commercials and recordings before.  I'm currently learning to edit now as a media technician for my church.  It was fun!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...