Monday, March 19, 2012

Teaching Gardens and CPR Anytime

I'm into my second week at work.  I'm excited.  I have three projects I'm working on:

Teaching Gardens;  I have to find a school to partner with that will create a garden to help teach children about nutrition and healthy eating.  One problem......It's the middle of March.  School is out at the end of May and WE HAVE NOT IDENTIFIED A SCHOOL who wants to work on the project over the summer.

Hmmmm.

So I made a suggestion to our grant funders....let me find a school, but also let me find a couple of community youth groups who are interested in working with the gardens over the summer.  Of course the funders want there to be a lot of hoopla associated with the planing day and harvest day, so that means I really need to get a lot of buy in from the school.

I also suggested that we work with summer youth programs instead of a school.  I don't know if they are gonna go with that idea.  But, I'm hoping for the first idea.

My other project is getting 350 members of our community to participate in CPR Anytime.  This seems like it would be a fun things to do while helping people to save lives.  The issue is finding that many people.  I"m sure I wont have a problem.

My last project project is working on a Power to End Stroke: Power Sunday events for May.  I wish I could attend the Power Awards event in NYC on May 4 (My B-Day weekend).  I signed up to a contest to win a trip as a fan.

Whew!!!

I've got a lot of stuff to work on, but I'm happy!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...