Tuesday, June 21, 2011

YMCA Saga

I applied for a reduced rate membership at the YMCA in April. I read the letter, but failed to remember that it was valid for 30 days. So, my trip to the YMCA today was in vain. I was all ready to sign up--I had my cute workout attire on and my old reebok gym shoes. I was ready to go. They got my membership application out and I was getting ready to write my check and then they noticed the date. I was half sleepy so her telling me that the letter was expired kind of bothered me--I'm quite grumpy when I'm not fully awake. I had to tell myself to not be ticked off. I almost wanted to ask for her manager, but that would have not been a good thing to do. It said it right there in the letter--I have 30 days to respond. I did get a new application for assistance. I explained to the woman my income issues and she said to simply explain in the application that I'm only working temporary jobs and my income is not steady. She did tell me that I must have income in order to get a membership because I must pay something. I don't mind paying something. I only want a membership for a month or so--nothing longer because I'm not sure if I can pay past then. I wish they would get rid of this year long contract and just let people pay by the month. Grrrr. I know it's more beneficial to them to have people sign up for a year, but it doesn't work for me.

So, I have to print out my last check stubs and write a letter explaining my issue--jump through the red tape. I guess I really don't mind, I was just so prepared to start working out today. I was mentally prepared. I've got to lose some weight. All of my clothes are uncomfortably tight and I can't afford a new wardrobe. For some reason, I can't wrap my brain around going to the park to walk. I'm so hung up on the aerobics class. I guess its because when I'm in class, it's not easy to just leave before its over, but if I go to the park, I can simply leave after 10 minutes if I don't feel like it. Also, I like the camaraderie in the classes. I talk to the instructor and others in class--especially if you have routine of going and you see the same people each time. That motivates me.

So, I'll be finishing this application and turning it in tomorrow. Now, I need to finish braiding my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...