Friday, September 24, 2010

Plan B

I've always had a Plan B.  I've had money in the bank, savings (over $25,000), friends that I could borrow money from, friends who would be there to help me out, etc.  That's the way I lived my life.  Always have a backup plan.  However, I've exhausted all of my resources--savings is gone, money in the bank overdrawn, no friends that I can comfortably lean on, and definitely no family to call on.  Despite all of this, I still have a Plan B and I'm confident in this plan.  It's the most solid thing that I can think of.  It's the last of the last resources.

My Plan B is This:

Always have FAITH in God.

I can't have faith in my money because I have none.
I can't have faith in my friends because they are overextended themselves.
I can't have faith in myself even, because I can't will myself to get another job paying me over $50,000 (yes, I used to command a salary of over $50,000)

So my only faith is in God.

One of my old school favorite gospel songs is by John P. Kee, We walk by faith.  I'll try to upload a youtube vidoe of the song

The Bible say, "without faith, it's impossible to please the Lord."

This is Hebrews 11:6 from The Message Bible:

 It's impossible to please God apart from faith. And why? Because anyone who wants to approach God must believe both that he exists and that he cares enough to respond to those who seek him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...