Saturday, September 25, 2010

Routines

I've been trying to establish a new set of routines to keep some normalcy in my like.  However, being homeless makes establishing them a little tricky.  I have no control over what time doors are locked.

I woke up this morning at about 7:30am.  My feet were freezing, but I thanked God that I made it through the night safely.  I really needed to pee badly, so I went inside to the restroom.  Since it was so early I decided to lounge around a hidden hotel lobby area.  I laid on the couch and briefly closed my eyes.  Of course my mind is always reeling with ideas for work, so laying down didn't last long.  I was up on the computer typing out some ideas for a mega project at work.  At about 8:20, I decided to head to the gym, but not before I stopped at McD's for a dollar menu breakfast burrito and sausage mcmuffin.  I got to the gym and the instructor was amazing.  I love aerobics and step aerobics, but she was doing a highly skilled routine that involved two steps.  I managed to hang on for a while before I got a little dizzy and had to slow it down.  I'm not in the best of shape (I need to lose at least 20lbs), so I can't keep up with the class like I used to, but at least I'm going.

Class was over at 9:50 and I headed to the community college to go to the locker room the shower and change. Why didn't I shower at the gym?  That's a good questions.  I would, however, I don't have a membership and to get to the showers, I have to show and ID card.  To take the aerobics classes I don't, so I just go to aerobics.  Exercise is a stress reliever and I've spent many months paying for a membership that I didn't use, so this just makes up for it.

On the way to the community college, I stopped to check my mail--a past due cell phone bill and some other political flyer from the state telling me about something I need to vote on in the November elections.

I get to the locker room at 10:20 and it's locked.  I'm amazed and puzzled.  I thought the gym didn't close until 11am on Saturday.  I get to the gym door and see that the times for Saturday have been changed from 8am - 11am to 8am - 10am.  Crap.  I'm sweaty, itchy, stinky and tired.  Going down the hall was the security guard and I race after her to let me in.  When I finally caught up with her and ask if she could let me in she ask why?  "Because I need to change my clothes and get my stuff out of there, " I replied.  It was like she did't want to open the door.  Here I am standing with gym clothes on and jeans in my hand, doesn't it look like I just finished working out?  You may ask why I don't work out at the community college?  My answer would be because I don't have a membership there either and to go in I have to sign in with a name and an ID number, which I don't have.  So how do I get the locker in the locker room.  Well, there are tons of people who go to the locker room and you don't have to have a gym membership to get changed in there, so that was easy.  I simply used a name of a person that I knew who goes to the school.  I left the ID number blank because I knew they weren't going to check.

So we get back to the locker room and she ask how long I"m going to be.  I tell her half and hour and she's shocked.  I told her that I needed to change clothes and that I'd be out of there in a jiffy.  She left me alone.

That was the first time I was locked out today.

I stayed late at work today because I was trying to fix the printer and it took me an hour talking to someone on chat help line to try to fix it.  It's still not fixed because my computer froze up.

I finally left work a little after 5 and went to the university to sit in the lounge, watch tv and work online.  I got there and the door was locked.  WHAT???  Security told me that the doors aren't locked until 7pm.  So  instead of going to the lounge I ended up in the computer lab which is ok, except there are more people and I can' t lounge on the couch and watch what I want on tv.

So now to adjust my routine, I need to get to the community college before 10 to shower on the weekends and leave around 3 to make sure that I"m not locked out of the lounge.

I'm really tired.  I want my bed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...