Thursday, September 30, 2010

Food or Gas

I decided on food, not realizing how close I was running out of gas.

I have two checking accounts and one was overdrawn last week due to a work screw up.  There other one I put $35 in and forgot about it.  So I'm in a different city about 40 miles away and I get to Walmart and try to use a check from one bank and it did't go through.  So, I decided to got Meijer and I was able to buy food.  However, because I was unsure if my check would go through, I only spend $5.00.  So I had one other check from each bank and realized that I needed gas.  I went to one station and they told me they wouldn't accept an out of town check, so I went to another station with my very last check from the bank that was overdrawn last week and sure enough after writing the check, I was told they wouldn't be able to take an out of town check.  Wow.  Now my tank is on nearly empty and I was too scared to try to drive back to the community college to shower and change, so instead I drove to work.  It's 7:30am and I'm in the parking lot of a college down the street from my job and I have no toiletries, and all my clothes are wrinkled cause they are in my trunk.  At least I have make-up to put on.  I'll look good and wrinkled.

I will be going to work quite wrinkled today.  Hopefully, my boss won't notice because I sit as a desk all day long.  I will take a wash up in the bathroom at work, but I have no deodorant.  What do I do?

I have no idea how I"m going to get back to my homeless home tomorrow.  I'm scared to panhandle, but all I need is about $10 to get back on the highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...