Saturday, September 18, 2010

My First Week

It was Tuesday, September 7.  I had a plan.  I would park in the lot of the local community college.  That way, I could shower in the locker room in the morning.  Before I left my apartment, I ironed a weeks worth of clothes and made sure that all my laundry was done.  I neatly sorted and packed my clothes in boxes in my truck.  I bagged my shoes and kept my toiletry bag stocked.

On my way to the community college, I remembered there was park that was not far away where a lot of trailers would park.  An ex-boyfriend told me that the homeless would park there.  I decided to try to find it to check it out.  I drove and drove, but could not find it.  So I got to the parking lot at the community college and realized how empty it was.  Naively I parked in the back and settled in under my blanket in the back seat.  I was fine until around 6am, I heard this motor coming towards me.  The blanket was over me head and suddenly I heard it stop.  I was sure someone was at my car looking in.  After I heard it leave, I slowly peaked up and saw that the maintenance guys were on a golf cart driving around the college.  Ugh,  I think I'd been found out.  By the time I got up it was 7am and I decided to drive around the college to the door that leads to the fitness center.  As I parked, I saw the golf cart coming towards me.  Oh, no, I just knew that they were coming to tell me that I had to leave, so I just sat in the car.  As the maintenance men passed me by they looked at me.  I was shamed.  I knew that they knew that I had slept in my car.  I waited until they went inside, got my clothes and shamefully went to the locker room.  Once inside there was another woman who had obviously just finished working out.  I tried to be as normal as possible.  From there I went to work.

The next night, I was working in the office in a different city, so I decided to try the community college in that city.  However, there was one problem.   I didn't know where the fitness center was.  I found the gymnasium, but not the fitness center.  Shouldn't it have been in the same building? I couldn't find it, so I headed for the nearest Walmart.  The problem was I was running out of gas and it was two days until payday.  I prayed that I make it between the big trucks that was passing me by on the highway and right after I turned the corner to head to Walmart, my car ran out of juice.  I put my flashers on, ran to Walmart to get a gas can and some food and ran back to my car.  The gas station was in the opposite direction, so I dashed to the gas station.  By the time I got back to my car the battery had died.  Now I had gas, I still couldn't make go anywhere.  I raised the hood on my car, partially emptied my trunk (the battery is in my trunk) and waited.  A nice guy came to help me.  Finally, I made it to the parking lot.  I bought a sun shield parked on the side of the store and blended in wonderfully.  I got up the next morning and decided that since I couldn't find a locker room at the community college then maybe there was one I could use at the university.   I got there and couldn't fined it, so I washed up in the bathroom, got dressed and made to work 10 minutes late.  UGH.  That night I was headed back home (not really home, but to my home city because I was working in that office.)

I couldn't bear going back to the community college to sleep, so I decided to head to the local Walmart parking lot.  Walmart was buzzing with actions, so I left there and went to a hotel not far away.  That would have been fine, but there was this guy outside yapping away on his phone.  I didn't get out of my car.  I went back to the Walmart and settled in the for the night.  That morning I got up and headed to the community college at 7am.  Darn, there goes the maintenance men again.  The looks were horrible.  They recognized my car from before.  I shamefully went to shower and went to work.

A didn't want to go back to the Walmart, so on Friday, I decided to got to a different hotel.  It was bustling also with action, so I was nervous.  However, I settled in under my blanket in the back seat of my small car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...