Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Spirit Causes Life

One of the things that I've been thinking about lately is the spirit realm. We are all spirit. When God created Adam, he didn't come alive until God "breathe" the breath if life into him. The "Breath" is the spirit. We are all made in God's image and God is spirit so we are spirit. We just live in a body and one day this body will die (if God doesn't come back first). Since we are spirit we have to know how to operate. We can allow our soul (emotions), body (cravings and appetites), rule us or we can allow our spirit (the breath of God, that comes from God) rule us. When we allow our soul (emotions) to rule, it can cause us great turmoil. When can allow our body (cravings and appetites) to rule us and that can be detrimental. A simple example is obesity. Many people overeat because of emotional reasons, and many people overeat because of food just taste good and we allow our body to tell us to eat. Overeating can be detrimental to our health. If we listen to the spirit of God, it will tell us to "slow down...don't eat so much....stop eating..." But, that requires discipline. Discipline to hear the spirit of God and discipline to be obedient to what God is telling us.

When we accept Christ, we have to yield to His spirit because from His spirit comes life.

I didn't fully understand that until I went to the laundromat today.

Anyone can quote scriptures, but only God's spirit can change us. God's spirit ruling in us can move mountains.

When I was at the laundromat, there was a woman--a grandmother--there doing a lot of laundry. She had a few teenage grandchildren there with her. She kept saying, "excuse me" when ever she walked by. When I was drying my clothes, she was using the dryers next to me and I because to think about witnessing to her, but I didn't know what to say. So, she said something about her grandchildren not helping her like she needed them to. I simply laughed at her comment. She then made another comment about loving her grandchildren. She went on to talk and I didn't know what to say, so I just listened. But, I was wondering how to witness to her. She then told me that her son was killed in August. Tears started to fall as she told me the hurt. I just listened and then I asked how she was doing spiritually. She told me that she never went to church, but she prays. I felt her pain and I didn't want to cry and eventually I told her that I lost my daughter. It kind of shocked her. We chatted some more and I said a quick prayer for her mind and before I left her I got her number so that I could come visit. She then told me that she felt better. She was saying that she felt something about me...she said she didn't know why she was talking to me, but she felt like she could share. She said that she doesn't just talk about her son...but there was some reason she wanted to talk to me.

That was the spirit of God AND I LOVE WHEN MY SPIRIT is CLEAN AND OPEN TO BE USED BY GOD!!!

It wasn't me. I barely said anything. I simply told her that God healed my heart. There were a few scriptures coming to mind, but it wasn't the time to quote....I just witnessed to her that God healed my heart.

It wasn't scripture...it was the SPIRIT of GOD and I WANT THAT SPIRIT OF RULE ME ALL THE TIME.

But I have to discipline my flesh. I have to stay clean in the word of God. I have to guard my heart so that nothing ungodly gets in.

God, You can use me. I WANT to DO YOUR WILL!!  I WANT YOUR WILL TO BECOME MY WILL!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...