Friday, December 27, 2013

The Last Supper & Healthcare

I've signed up for health care. Yay, me!!

With the new health care laws, I'm able to get more affordable health care. I'm not sure the quality, but I'm paying $230 a month for the bronze package through health alliance and my coverage starts January 1. I think I heard in the news that preventative care is covered 100% which is mostly what I would use it for. I know that with the cheapest coverage my deductible would be high, so I'm gonna save up some money for the deductible just in case I need it. I'm supposed to be signing up for dental care also, but I haven't yet. I think the dental coverage is about $20 a month.

In other news.....

I am starting my strict budget in a few days. No eating out unless it is absolutely necessary. No buying meaningless, impulsive things....I'm sticking to my budget because I've got a $50K student loan to take care of and a $500 a month tuition bill to take care of.

So, I had my last supper today at a restaurant in Peoria. It was called Famous City, a really nice bistro with famous food from different cities. For example, Dallas Brisket (even though I didn't know Dallas was famous for brisket). I was looking for fish tacos, but apparently they are out of season. So, the Dallas Brisket is what I had and it was really good. Nice and tender. The BBQ sauces were even famous--Kansas City Sweet and Tangy, St. Louis Style, Louisiana Hot and Spicy, etc....

My waiter was really great. Every time I put my glass down he was refilling it. He had a nice spirit about him also. I ordered a huge hunk of red velvet cake to go (only because my computer died and I couldn't work anymore).

But, because I will be on a financial and health diet....I won't be dining out any time soon. I'm glad though. It is time for me to move forward in my life and getting out of debt is one way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...