Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Ok....I"m not REALLY Marrying Robert

I really want to get married. Yes, it's time!! Well, I think it's time at least......

So, I get fixated on men. No, I'm not a stalker, but when I meet an interesting guy, I think about him. I fantasize about him--not sexually, just dream about if he is the one for me.

When I met Robert....he was interesting, educated, good looking and pleasant. I didn't know anything about him, but what I saw. I didn't even know if he was married or not (which could be the case because some men don't wear wedding rings).

Even though I fantasized about him, there was something that kind of bothered me.....

He reminded me of Mister.

Yes, there was something about him that reminded me of Mister and when I marry a man I don't want to be reminded of someone else.  So, that bothered me, but my fantasies are benign so I went with it. That is until I found out how old Robert was.

I have no problem dating older men. When I was 23, I dated a man who was 40. When I was 30, I dated a man who was 45. Older men are quite settled, but when I did look Robert up (courtesy of Facebook--yes, I reactivated my account just to look him up) I found out that he is probably my mother's age--53.

That.....is off limits. NO, he doesn't look it AT ALL. I mean, he looks my age. Maybe he takes care of himself  well, but I was disappointed. What do I look like introducing him to my mother. He graduated from high school the same year that my mother did. And even if he did graduate early--say 16, that still means he's in his fifties.

Oh boy.....I have no problem dating older men, but my mother's age is where I draw the line because at that point, why would you want a baby. Plus, can you keep up with me? I'm sure he can because he DOESN'T look it AT ALL and I would have never imagined he was that old...I truly though maybe 40 or maybe 45, but not over 50. WOW!!!!

So, the quest is still on.....

I've got to marry a man soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...