Sunday, October 6, 2013

Packing Up

I haven't been on a vacation in a looooonnnngggg time. I mean a real vacation, not just going home to visit family, but a real....stay in a nice hotel, go to see all the sights and eat good food vacation. I think the last time I was close to it was in 2010 when I took my brother and niece to Chicago for a week ad we stayed downtown on the magnificent mile.

But, tonight I was packing up. Yep, packing my bags to go away for a week. And it's not really a vacation because it's for work, but I forgot how tedious packing is. Man. I couldn't remember if I needed to bring my toothbrush or pack bath towels....

I truly forgot what I needed to pack so it took me a minute to get my brain together. I almost want to do a checklist because I know I always forget something that is necessary that the hotel doesn' t have like deodorant or floss.  But, I'm packed and I will hit the road with my partner at 9am in the morning. We are staying in a lodge about 3 hours from here--in the woods where I was told, there's not much cell phone reception. Not that my phone is ringing off the hook or something.

I will welcome the solitude and the BED with the TV right in front of it. LOL.

Yes, I can't wait for the BED to lay down in. I hope they have those hotel pillows that are so comfortable that you want to steal them.

I once asked one hotel where they ordered their pillows from--they were so fluffy and soft.

So, this week should be insteresting!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...