Tuesday, October 22, 2013

2-3 Weeks

I've applied for school. Yes, I've applied for a certificate program at UIS and I will know if I've been accepted in 2-3 weeks. I'm not really nervous, and surprisingly I'm not anxious, but I am anticipating.....

I really really want to get moving on my Ph.D program, but I was denied admittance into the program, so my plan is to get in a different way. I will first complete 1 or 2 certificate programs--Nonprofit management and/or Community Development, and then I will apply for the program. By then, I will have gotten to know most of the people within the department, I will have gotten to know the university and my chances would be greater. I'm not sure why I wasn't accepted before. The only thing I can think of is that I have not taken the GRE which I DO NOT want to take and my background has been in education, not public service or community development.

So by early November I should know if I"m going to become a college student again......

Happy Waiting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Does That Affect Your Values?

 I met this guy..... Oh boy..... We shall call him Dell. Dell and I met online on FB dating about a week before Christmas. During that time ...